You can find out how many days old you are and other interesting facts like when you were conceived, April 20th 1978, (ew, gross thinking about my parents getting it on – IMMACULATE CONCEPTION I tell you!!!) and that my birth date on the Hebrew calendar is 12 Tevet 5739 or 12 baktun 18 baktun 5 tun 10 unial 0 kin on the Mayan Calendar. I’m also 4.00743639921722 years old in dog years. The Pina Colada Song by Rupert Holmes and Do Ya Think I’m Sexy by Rod Stewart were top songs of 1979. Fun, useless information surrounding your birthday can be found at http://www.paulsadowski.com/birthday.asp.
So, with a new year comes new beginnings. Or so they say. I do have to admit that I feel like I’ve acquired some age-old wisdom during my lengthy visit from Mr. Trials and Mrs. Tribulations. So, I can say with authority that I have grown as a person. I am liking the person I am becoming.
I made a list of resolutions after midnight on New Year’s Eve for the New Year.
1) Finish self-exploration book.
2) Begin rough sketches of chilren’s book series (Illustrator).
3) Travel to Europe in July.
4) Write about travel experience and submit a story to a travel magazine.
5) Learn copywriting.
6) Paint more.
7) Practice Italian.
8) Practice yoga and pilates more regularly.
10) Learn something new – a fact everyday, a skill or ability every month.
11) Find the meaning of life. (I did write this at the time. What can I say, I was feeling ambitious.)
12) Improve flexibility and stamina.
13) Cleanse my body of toxins.
14) Be more understanding, not letting anger cloud my judgment and trusting people again.
15) Love again and let myself be loved.
So, it’s a good mix of attainable goals and lofty, wishful ones. Eh, I’m content with it.
My rheumatologist says for me to keep doing what I’ve been doing because she believes that my body is healing itself. She doesn’t fully understand why, nothing less than a miracle, but she now supports me in my decision to having stopped taking the medication after only a month. Maybe I am healing myself in which there have been cases of total remission. I can only hope for that. I believe the mind is a powerful thing and if you will it to do something you will be quite surprise with what it can do. I’m just doing my best to take care of it. Eating regularly and more healthier. Getting rid of the toxins in my body. Being positive and getting physical activity even though I loathe the idea of traditional exercise. I will overcome this minor obstacle. It will not defeat me.