I stole this from Grauer. Feel free to steal it from me.
1. Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 18, find line 4, and write down what it says:
“Though she hadn’t read very many books during that period, and she hardly ever went out, and she hadn’t listened to much music-basically all she did was go to sleep and then get up again, like a guest at some hotel who wasn’t even having meals.”
-Asleep by Banana Yoshimoto
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
An orange yo-yo that came free with the goldfish flakes.
3. What is the last thing you watched on tv?
A Chinese docudrama entitled “Quitting”.
4. Without looking, what time do you think it is?
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The jet stream of bubbles produced by the air pump in my fish tank.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Yesterday afternoon. I rode my bike to the post office.
8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
Craigslist to look for jobs and got one for tomorrow night in John Travolta’s new movie “Be Cool”.
9. What are you wearing?
Pink-striped pajama pants and my Syracuse 2003 NCAA National Championship t-shirt.
10. Did you dream last night?
I was at some beautiful tropical hotel resort atop a mountain, amidst a rain forest, overlooking crystal waters with unbridled horses running wild and inside the place where we were eating looked like my elementary school’s cafeteria. Then people started pouring beer on each other.
11. When did you last laugh?
Just a minute ago, when my sister asked my dad to pass her a banana from the kitchen because she was heading out the door for work. My dad thought she said 8 bananas and handed her 6 because that’s all we had.
12. What are on the walls of the room you are in?
Random things that have been collected over the years-an In-N-Out clock, a mini Christmas stocking, a temperature/barometer/humidity reader, pictures of me in various pageants (my mom put those up), a big wooden watch the size of a wall clock, a shelf with plants on it.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
MTV’s I Want A Famous Face. The transvestite who wanted to be J.Lo. She had her hairline lowered so the plastic surgeon had to cut along her hairline and at one point her entire face was lifted away from her head. It was sick.
14. What is the last film you saw?
“Quitting” the Chinese docudrama about an actor and his family and his addiction to drugs.
15. Would you consider living abroad?
I have spent 8 months living in Thailand already and I will be interning in London next summer.